Monday, May 13, 2013

Harry's Part 2 -- Mother's Day

I wasn't cooking a darn thing this year on Mother's Day. Nothing. No way. Not even for my own Mama. She lucked out on this because it meant I had to take her somewhere. We knew we were destined for hour(s) long waits, a table next to the backed up bathroom, and a waitress ready to strangle the next person who asks for more bread. Yay Gainesville!
I was smart enough to call ahead so, somehow, we had no wait at all when we walked in. I could see, but not smell, the bathrooms so that was an additional plus. The waitress even let me live when I asked (nicely!) if we could have bread! I could tell it was gonna be a good day.

fried green tomatoes-- These had a nice crunch but I could have done without the spicy sauce on top. Maybe I will request some ranch or sour cream next time.

crab cakes-- very tasty but for $10 we only got two cakes. Yikes!

Louisiana fondeaux-- always a fave!

# of hairs found in food: 0
# of items that did not belong: 0
Flavor: yummy
Price tag: pretty pricey
family friendly: yep
Service: we had to request multiple things multiple times, but she was busy and nice about it
Atmosphere: clean and inviting
Do it again? Rarely, but only because I hate driving downtown. I'll go if you drive!

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment