Saturday, March 23, 2013

Napolitano's

We needed to run errands today so we decided to stop by Napolitano's for a quick bite. I have been bugged by a coworker (nameless) to give it a try again since it has been over 10 years since I have visited. Our server turned out to be another coworker (nameless also) so our service was great! The food was a disappointment however. Bummer. I feel like we try not to be too nit-picky about things but DANG! At least make it look like you are trying to impress your customers, ya know? Our table decoration was a small glass vase filled with yellow water with a sprig of brown and dying rosemary in it. I don't even know what kind of ambiance that is supposed to produce. I will give them this: you get a ton of food. It may not be great, but you get a ton of it.

bread-- nothing special
salad-- once you picked out the brown and wilted pieces of lettuce it was okay. The dressing was tasty.
crab cakes-- they had a nice crust and a good flavor. I would have preferred having a thinner cake so the insides would have been a little less soggy, but I would order them again just on the flavor alone.
Sausage and peppers with a side of spaghetti-- the sausage was dry from having sat in an oven for way too long. It was borderline flavorless. There was a pile of cooked onions on one side of the plate, and a pile of raw onions on the other side. Why? What's the point?
Summer saute-- this dish was okay but nothing that made me want to order it again. It had a mild flavor, well done noodles (I prefer al dente), and a few veggies and chicken tossed in.
I opted out of ordering dessert. I decided to save that $6 and I feel good about that choice.

# of hairs found in food: 0
# of items that did not belong: 0
Flavor: pretty bland
Price tag: more than I think it was worth
Service: great
Atmosphere: only three other tables were filled. I guess that should have been our first hint.
Do it again? nope

1 comment:

  1. I heard the owner/manager treats their employees like crap too, I wouldn't eat their on that information alone, but to hear that their food isn't great either is a real deterrent also.

    ReplyDelete