Saturday, March 30, 2013

Simply Delightful! Confections

I know it's not a restaurant, but it does serve a type of food and that's good enough for me. :) I read about Simply Delightful in a local magazine a few months ago and have tried over and over again to experience it. Somehow we always went on the two days they were closed...then we would forget and go on the same day a few weeks later. Ugh. (It's a sad day when you dream about a chunk of good dark chocolate and then the dream is squashed.) Anyway, today was a happy day! This place is not your typical candy shop where you fill a ziplock bag with sugar coated crap that eventually melts together into a giant sugar turd. This is where you take your date, try something new, spend some money, and walk away feeling like you ate "grown up" candy.
The shop is small but very clean, nicely decorated, and has a nice variety of goodies. Some are priced by weight and some by individual piece. I would say it's probably no more expensive than the candy we have purchased at Godiva shops. We were impressed by the detail on the more expensive candies. A handful of them were just beautifully done. My kids were excited to see that there were a few kid-friendly options as well: cookies and cream bark, chocolate coated gummy worms, and dipped pretzel sticks.
We each picked a few items and decided to wait until later to try them. (FYI- the candy never made it out of the parking lot.) I won't list them all but my favorite was the dark chocolate salted caramels. To quote the Kool-aid man: "Oooohhh yeeeaaahhh!"
So when you want a nice bitter dark chocolate or a sweet milk chocolate (I'm guessing here because I don't eat that garbage) I urge you to try Simply Delightful Confections.

No comments:

Post a Comment